2010-09-18

09-18-2010 Update

I was working 12 hour days all last week so had very little time to get any reading done.  I did learn that "The Little Red Writing Book" that my wife picked up for me is not meant for writers of fiction but for writers of technical manuals and reports.  I will be giving it to Goodwill.  I have about 100 pages left to read on "Self Editing for Fiction Writers".  It has been a great help and has given me some good pointers.

I recently found out I will be working 12 hour nights, 6 days a week, at the Beaver Valley outage in Spring.  This is actually a good thing as it will give me some time to write on my one day off while I stay up late at night.  My current plans are to go back and finish Phobia before I start on the second Dragonverse book.  I haven't decided if I will make Phobia a printed volume or not.  I guess it depends on just how many pages it turns out to be.  Right now, the plot does not have a lot of action in it but I hope to come up with something to change that.  I'm still working on the plot for Dragonverse book 2.

View or purchase my books at: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/DougFarren