2010-09-27

Books are now on Scribd

I learned about Scribd.com while participating in some of the SFFWorld forums.  I did not know much about it but thought I would check it out.  I am impressed!  I do follow the Smashwords theory that most people are honest and will gladly pay a small fee to encourage an author to continue writing.  So, I uploaded all my books to Scribd making them available as non-DRM PDF files.  Within minutes I had several people reading the books and a few had downloaded the free technical reference manual.  It will be interesting to see where Scribd takes my books.  I have sold 20 books on Amazon this month and only 1 on Smashwords.  It would be nice if Scribd can do better.

We will be heading to the bookstore today for a few hours.  I plan on reading some more and doing some writing as well.

View or purchase my books at: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/DougFarren