2010-09-05

In the beginning

My blog - I thought I would never say that.  But this is the world we live in today.  People twitter their every action, Facebook is unbelievably popular, and blogging is now common-place.  My name is Doug Farren and I am an author.  That's not my primary job, but it's the one I enjoy the most.  I have published 4 books with more on the way.  They are:

Galactic Alliance Series:  Translight!,  Chroniech!,  and Honor Thy Enemy.  This is hard-core, high-tech, star wars style, knock-down drag-out space warfare at its best.

Dragonverse:  My first foray into fantasy.  This book has been reviewed with a fairly good rating.  You can read the review be clicking on this link: Book review

You can get previews of my books and purchase them at:  Smashwords author profile

I work at the Perry Nuclear Power Plant in Northeast Ohio.  I am an instrumentation and controls (I&C) technician and have been working at the plant since 1989.  Prior to that, I was an ET nuke in the US Navy.  We are the ones that run the reactor that powers the propulsion system of the nuclear powered ships.  I am an avid fan of science fiction and love to read about advances in technology

At the moment, I'm taking a bit of a hiatus from writing while I do some reading on how to improve my writing.  I accept criticism as an opportunity for improvement.  The review of Dragonverse indicated I need to make some improvements.  While many have read my books and given me good comments, it's the comments of those that I failed to completely satisfy that interest me the most.  I want to become a better writer and the only way for that to happen is to learn from my mistakes.

I can be reached at farrendoug at hotmail.  (Address muddied a bit to prevent web-bots from snagging it).