2010-09-11

Still reading to learn

Just finished reading "The Glamour of Grammer" by Roy Peter Clark.  The book had a few good points but all-in-all I found a good portion of it to be rambling.  I prefer the more direct approach - tell me what I need to know in simple, direct format providing short, clear examples if necessary.  There were many examples, but they were long and I quickly lost focus.

I've been spending time on several forums (sffworld.com and amazon.com) and I've learned of a book I thought I should read next.  I've downloaded a copy of "Self-Editing for Fiction Writers: How to edit yourself into print."  That is up next.

I am getting the writer's itch again!  I am going to be working 12 hour days for the next 5 days so I will have little time to read much less write.  Plus, I've told myself that I'm going to take the time to learn how to become a better writer - which is what I am going to do.

View or purchase my books at: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/DougFarren