2010-12-11

Busy - busy - busy

In my last blog I stated that we had moved in on Sunday before Thanksgiving.  We had 14 people over for dinner on Thanksgiving day.  We did not cook a large turkey this year - we cheated and cooked a couple of turkey breasts.  After having stayed up until the wee hours of the morning working on getting the house in order there was no way I was going to get up at 4:30am to start a turkey cooking.

We are now settled in except for a few straggler boxes.  We love the new house.  Now that we are settled in, the possibility of writing is once again present.  I seriously debated putting all writing on hold until after the two outages I will be going to next year but that would mean not working on a book for at least another 5 months.  Unacceptable!  Even with working 12 hours a day I should be able to squeeze a few hours a month into working on a book.

So, yesterday, I loaded up Ishnef's Revenge and reread what I had written so far.  The delay has allowed me to gel some more ideas concerning this book and I made some minor changes as I read through it.  I started adding to the end of chapter 2 and today I hope to finish that chapter and begin on chapter 3.  Being on days is another advantage since Cheryl has a habit of staying up quite late.  I get up early and that gives me a few hours to write.  When I go to Beaver Valley I will be on nights and on my night off I can spend a considerable amount of time writing.

View or purchase my books at: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/DougFarren