2012-07-22

Launch pad workshop - arrival day

Well folks - I'm in Laramie Wyoming for the Launch Pad Workshop.  No issues at the airport and I managed to find the group at the Denver airport without any problems.  We kept in touch via email (on smart phones) and Twitter.  The ride to Laramie was a long one especially since I was in the middle of the back seat of the van.  I was sitting on a very uncomfortable seat belt hook which refused to get out of my way.  My knees were quite sore by the time we arrived.

Check-in at the dorm went well.  We are all on the 6th floor.  They weren't kidding when they said these rooms get HOT at night.  It's quite cool out and my room is still very warm.  They did provide us with a small 9" fan to help cool the room but without any breeze at all the room has not cooled down.  We all went out to dinner at a place called The Library.  I had a local brew called Nitro Big Nose - very smooth, and a burger called a big Kahuna (burger with pineapple, jalapenos, and fixen's) - also good.  Tomorrow we start classes.

I managed to get quite a bit of writing done while at the airport and on the plane.  I expect to get a lot more work done in the mornings since we are not supposed to meet in the classroom until 9:30am.  I like to get up early so I'm sure I will have a lot of time on my hands to write.  I think our days and evenings will be pretty packed though.

I will let you know how things go during the week.