2012-11-25

11-25-2012: I made the newspaper

This morning was a day I've been waiting for all week.  The local newspaper (The Ashtabula Star Beacon) decided to make me their feature in today's Neighborhood section.  I ran down to the local gas station to pick up some copies and received a very nice surprise - my picture was on the front page of the paper!  I did not expect that.  The newspaper has an online presence and here is a link to the article if you would like to read it:  http://tinyurl.com/c924oph

Peacekeeper is moving along quite well with over 47,000 words written.  I've passed through a lot of the hard stuff and all the rest is just waiting to be written.  It's getting late in the year and I don't think I will be able to have it done, edited, proofed, and ready to publish by the holidays as I had originally hoped.  I must, however, at least finish the first draft by March.  I am planning on attending Millencon in Cincinnati on March 15 and 16 (as a fan, not a writer).  On March 18 I begin working six days a week, 12 hours a day as the power plant I work at shuts down for refueling.  This will last for at least two months and I will not have any time to write, edit, or proof.  My writing gets put on hold.

I've been on vacation this week and I've managed to get a significant amount of writing done.  Thanksgiving is behind us but Christmas is looming ahead.  Lucky for me, my wife is a master at buying Christmas gifts all year long and most of our shopping was complete a long time ago.  Unfortunately, since I spend my time either working, writing, or spending time with family, I have not yet purchased a gift for my wife.  I really don't like malls especially this time of year but I will have to endure them to go on my quest for the perfect gift.  Wish me luck.