2012-12-17

12-17-12: New covers are out

Today I uploaded all new covers as well as minor updates to all 3 Galactic Alliance books (Translight, Chroniech, Honor Thy Enemy).  The updates take care of a few additional grammatical errors discovered by a few readers as well as myself.  The new covers are available now on Amazon.com (U.S.) and should be available on Amazon's foreign sites in a few days.  I've also done the same with all the other distributors via Smashwords.  It generally takes them a bit longer to upload changes so if you're a Nook or iPad user you won't see the new covers for a few weeks.

I keep a list of words I have a tendency to screw up; words such as: border vs boarder, ore vs oar, loose vs lose, its vs it's, accept vs except, and their vs they're.  For some unknown reason, I like to mix those up.  I've also been guilty of over using the dash - you know - the little line you can use to break up a sentence - like this.  Not to mention the fact that I don't quite use it right--you're not supposed to to have a space surrounding it.  Another blunder I tend to make is to always put 's after the name of an alien species when referring to them.  "Tholtaran's are an interesting species."  I cleaned up a few of these hanging errors in the new release.

I want to thank Heather Zak, wife of my very good friend AJ (Arnold J. Zak) whom I've known since high school for doing the new covers.  Her artistic skills with a computer are very good.  If you want her to do a cover for you let me know and I'll put you in touch with her.  Price is VERY reasonable.

In other news, Peacekeeper has passed 60K words.  I've ironed out the last minor wrinkle in the story and it's smooth sailing from here.  All I need do now is to finish putting the words down.  Then it's back to the beginning for a second run through.  I hope to have that done before the new year hits although it's going to be very close.  Of course, I'm not sure why I'm working so hard on this since everyone knows the world is going to end on 12-21-12 anyway.  Anyone know of someone who's throwing an end of the world party?

Comments on the new covers compared to the old ones are welcome.