2013-04-11

04-11-2013: Quick update

Just a quick update. I'm still working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. Writing and editing are on hold because there is simply no time. Thinking, however, can and is being done. I've been doing a ton of thinking about many aspects of Peacekeeper. I have a better understanding of the main character's background and how it should be presented; I have a whole new understanding of Rouldian culture which I will be putting into the book; and I have uncovered a few inconsistencies that will be fixed. So, even though I'm not actually putting words into the computer, I've managed to improve the book.

There have been some important developments in my travel plans as well. I will be returning to Laramie Wyoming this year to attend Launchpad once again. In order to fit that trip into my busy schedule I've scaled back my trip to Minnesota and I will not be attending Convergence as originally planned. I am still going to Dragon*con though.

I will also be putting up a short story I wrote some time ago on Amazon for $0.99. One of my award-winning author friends who gets published in magazines on a regular basis called it the most horrifying scifi he'd read in years. I will try to get it up and available very soon. I don't have a cover for it yet and with my time being as limited as it is I'm not sure I will have a proper cover anytime soon. I will, however, give it my best shot at making it available as soon as possible. If you happen to be on my still short notification list, be prepared to receive a free copy!

My time here has run out. Time to show my face so my wife can remember what I look like before getting to bed. Back to work again tomorrow.

(P.S. You can thank my dad for reminding me that even though I have limited time I should write at least a little bit in my blog every so often to remind you that I'm still alive.)